After CBD flowers, oils are the most requested CBD products. Indeed, on the 90 websites selling products containing CBD, listed by Addiction Switzerland in its report mandated by the Federal Office of Public Health in 2019*, the oils occupy the beautiful place of the second most requested product, largely ahead of e-liquids for electronic cigarettes.
But once you've made your choice of CBD product, a question arises: how do you correctly dose CBDoil drops for yourself? What's the right dosage?
Each individual is unique and will react differently to CBD use. That said, there are a number of factors that need to be taken into account when assessing the amount of CBD in mg that can be used:
- the composition of the oil
- how to use it
- consumer expectations in terms of efficiency
YOUR support: OUR priority.
First and foremost, it is important to understand that quality support is necessary when using CBD products. Indeed, some of the products derived from CBD allow an improvement of daily well-being in different fields.
This is the reason why Naturalpes has chosen to accompany its customers and its network of partners distributing the products, particularly pharmacies, by taking into consideration the specificity of each case with the help of follow-up sheets for the patient, while offering cannabinoid-based solutions adapted to each one.
1) The composition and method of production of the oil
What is CBD oil made of and how is it obtained?
CBD oils Naturalpes are made of hemp extracts rich in cannabinoids and terpenes in order to preserve all the properties that the plant offers. Before this can be done, the cannabinoids must be extracted using one of the three most common extraction techniques:
- Strain the flowers in ethanol (the simplest way to process large quantities to be extracted in one go),
- As a macerate (mainly used for creams and ointments)
- Or by using CO2 (the plants are passed through gas for ten hours, this is the most expensive and most complex method, but the one that allows to obtain the purest CBD oil, and especially the most ecological and that uses Naturalpes)
In the report published in 2019 in Lausanne, by Addiction Switzerland, researchers Frank Zobel, Luca Notari, Eva Schneider and Ocyna Rudmann established that the best method of CBD extraction, the one that allows to obtain the purest products, is the one done with CO2, to obtain complete and healthy phyto cannabinoid extracts.
At Naturalpes, this is the extraction method chosen for all oil production. The oils are produced from a mother paste called "Crude oil" or, more commonly, "Full Spectrum", which contains all the cannabinoids present in the plant.
After the CO2 extraction, a different elaboration for each product Naturalpes
Since its creation, Naturalpes has chosen to offer precise solutions adapted to the needs of each user.
- The Raw range of oils is specifically recommended for daily use or for chronic problems. This range can be used over a period of time ranging from 15 days to several months. Derived from the first extraction of the plant, all cannabinoids are present in acid form (CBD-a, THC-a, etc.), as well as all plant matter (flavonoids, lipids and chlorophyll). This is the rawest oil Naturalpes has to offer.
- The Gold range of oils is derived from the same extraction method as the Raw range (Co2), also retaining all the cannabinoids. Unlike Raw CBD oil, the first extraction of the plant is heated (decarboxylation) in order to activate the acidic molecules into neutral molecules (CBD-a into CBD, THC-a into THC...) and the plant material is removed by a technique called winterisation. Gold oils are to be used in case of crisis, sudden uneasiness, difficult moments, or spontaneous reactions of the body.
- The Wellness range of oils still corresponds to the first extraction of the plant, except that once it has been heated and purified (Gold range), a fractional distillation is carried out to allow the THC to be removed. The resulting distillate therefore contains all the cannabinoids, except for the psychoactive molecule.
First notions of dosage
The higher the percentage of CBD in an oil, the lower the frequency of consumption can be.
It is common to read that the optimal CBD intake for improving one's daily well-being may be 2.5 mg of CBD per kilo per day. That said, there are several factors to consider, including the quality of the CBD oil composition, for example, ensuring that the majority of the natural cannabinoids are present in the oil (full/broad spectrum or isolate), so this amount can be reduced.
At Naturalpes, we guide our customers with 0.5mg of CBD /kg/day, and the feedback from our customers in terms of effectiveness is very convincing.
You can consult them by clicking on this link.
2) The mode of use
Whatever the concentration of CBD in the oil, there are different ways of absorbing it. The answer to the question of dosage lies rather in a key phenomenon: bioavailability.
Bioavailability: what is it?
Bioavailability is the proportion of a substance that reaches the bloodstream of an organism unchanged.
According to numerous studies, the type of use of CBD oil that allows the greatest bioavailability is sublingual use. Scientific estimates put bioavailability at 28-30%, compared to 5-10% for conventional oral use.
3) What is the dosage?
Dosage according to use
In order to improve one's daily well-being, a person can use CBD products on a regular basis, in small amounts. In the case of peaks, the dosage is optimised to deliver a large dose in a minimum amount of time.
It is therefore necessary to adapt the dosage according to the use but also to several factors:
- the weight of the consumer,
- body chemistry (as therelated article published on the website Naturalpes explained, not all organisms react in the same way to the same molecule),
- the intensity and origin of the malaise,
- and also, as mentioned above, the composition of CBD oil.
Specialists recommend that newcomers start with a lower dosage than the average dosage and gradually increase according to the effects obtained.
What does the scientific literature say?
In its global report on cannabidiol published in 2018, the WHO explains that in the scientific literature, the dosage can vary from several tens of milligrams per day to 800 mg per day.
Depending on the weight of the subject and the desired effects, the average effective doses often start to be felt from 30 mg to 40 mg per day.
The first step is to identify the appropriate daily dosage.
Then, it is a question of finding out the mg of CBD contained in an oil, which depends on the concentration of CBD in the different oils. This information appears in the information associated with each product on the site of Naturalpes.
To identify the number of drops to use per day, divide the average daily dosage by the amount of CBD in one drop.
Example for 0.5mg/kg/day:
If the appropriate daily dose for you is 50 mg and one drop of Wellness 20% oil contains 10 mg of CBD, divide 50 by 10.
The number of drops to be used in this case is 5.
If the desired result is slow in coming, it is possible to increase the quantity slightly until the expected effect is achieved.
Finally, nothing beats medical support from a health specialist who can advise you on your situation.
Please note that this information is for guidance only and we recommend that you consult your doctor before using any products containing cannabinoids.
For the choice of your products, Naturalpes will be happy to answer you via the chat or through the customer service.